Burren Amber are currently recruiting for an experienced Michelin Sous Chef to join this 4* hotel in Monaghan.
- To assist the Head Chef in producing meals and services to all kitchens, setting standards and meeting customers’ satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain consistent food standards and quality across all areas and during all stages of production and supply to ensure the HACCP procedure according to the company’s food safety policy is maintained to a high standard at all times.
- To have total accountability for the day to day running of the kitchen service in the absence of the head chef.
- To participate in the design of menus and purchase all food and food related products using company nominated suppliers to achieve food budgeted cost controls, ensuring minimum wastage within the venue and to ensure all menus are costed accurately.
- To ensure stock take levels and deliveries are continuously recorded at all times.
- To maintain all equipment throughout the Kitchens through due care and diligence.
- Arrange and assist with training for all staff as required and ensure all kitchen porters/assistants are trained to basic food hygiene and chemical safety as a minimum.
- The Sous Chef will undertake training and development as appropriate and keep apprised of developments in his/her field of expertise.
- Attend daily meetings and weekly management meetings in the absence of the Head Chef.
- Ensure company policy & procedure is adhered to at all times.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Sous Chef with Michelin experience
- Have excellent people management skills
- Be organised and capable of managing multiple tasks at one time
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have a positive attitude and a good work ethic
- Have proven experience working with volume
- Be HACCP trained (certified)
For more information on the role please feel free to contact Adam at Burren Amber at 01 4047620 for more details.