Burren Amber are currently recruiting for an experienced Sales & Marketing Manager for our 4* clients based in Sligo.
Objective of the Role
In this dynamic and challenging role, the Sales & Marketing Manager will be responsible for maximising the sales potential and achieving revenue budgets via bedrooms, conference rooms & food & beverage.
The ideal candidate:
- pro-active and energetic with a proven track record in achieving sales targets
- ability to execute effectively a focused sales & marketing plan for the agreed market segments
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and direct day to day operation of the sales & marketing function to ensure maximum revenue & profitability and provide potential and existing clients with the highest level of sales service.
- Perform day to day sales activity including lead generation, face to face meetings, contracting & rate negotiation, site inspections, attendance at trade shows, client entertainment and national/international sales trips.
- Undertake monthly corporate tracking of corporate accounts to monitor production and more importantly to identify any decreases and taking necessary action to remedy same.
- Analysis of GDS production reports & intelligence information to develop business channel.
- Focus on driving meeting & conference business into hotel.
- Report weekly & monthly on account performance and general activity to General Manager and Central Office.
- Input to hotel pricing strategy and forecasting with General Manager and Revenue Manager.
- Management of annual marketing budget.
- Executive quarterly activity plans to create focus for the team and adapt activity to support business needs.
- Devise and execute hotel sales & marketing promotional campaigns through local & national media, evaluating & reporting on marketing campaigns ROI.
- Develop printed promotional material including brochures, fliers, special offers, posters, tent cards etc. in line with brand standards.
- Manage online marketing & brand website through content development and continually driving customers direct to this sale channel.
- To ensure the accurate processing, distribution, recording/filing and follow up of all sales correspondence, including the execution of contracts, quotations, confirmations, cancellations.
- Represent the hotel at sales team meetings and other events as appropriate.
- Identify key competitors and carry out regular competitor analysis; monitoring their performance, rates and sales activity.
- To protect and promote the image of hotel at all times, both in print and verbally.
- To be fully aware of the main market developments and other factors that would influence business or create favourable market conditions.
- 2 to 3 years in a Sales/Marketing role, ideally in a Hotel or customer focused environment.
- A creative thinker with an outgoing personality who can drive new relationships as well as maintain existing ones.
- Sales focused, target and results driven.
- Effective communicator to clients and colleagues, individually and in groups; with the capacity to provide clear written reports.
For more information on the role please feel free to contact Adam at Burren Amber at 01 4047620 for more details.