What will you get up to depending on the position?
- Assisting the head chef in maintaining high levels of quality, service, presentation and cleanliness
- Responsible for all aspects of food preparation and service including Bar, Restaurant and Banqueting
- Responsible for ensuring the highest quality standards in the kitchen whilst following orders.
- Being responsible for completing the daily checklist regarding mis-en-place and food storage to minimise wastage.
- Take direction from department managers and to assist in the monitoring of food quality and hygiene standards.
- Ability to produce own work in accordance with a deadline and to assist and encourage others in achieving this aim.
- Always working on behalf of guests and working with other team members to exceed guest expectations.
- Be able to perform under pressure in a high volume fast paced environment.
- Be self-motivated and creative and be committed to quality in presentation of food
- Have a thorough understanding of and commitment to HACCP and kitchen hygiene
- Have a strong work ethic and customer focus working with homemade seasonal food.
- Ensure work areas are kept clean, safe and tidy at all times in compliance with the hotel’s and industry hygiene standards
- Structured and organised in their approach to all tasks and have the ability to work across all areas of the kitchen.
What do we expect from the newest recruit?
- Hard working and self-motivated and committed individual eager to learn.
- Have a minimum of 1 years’ experience in a similar role
- Able to work in a team and on their own initiative
- Thrive under pressure
- Must be standards driven and detail-orientated
- Must have the ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment& pressurised environment
- Must have excellent self-presentation
- Should have detailed knowledge of HACCP
For more information please do not hesitate to call Tadhg in Chef Recruiters on 01-4047176. Please register your interest soon as we do require meeting all Chefs, allow time for the reference vetting process and compliance procedures. We also offer an in office recognised HACCP and Manual Handling training service at great rates. Chefrec18