Burren Amber are currently recruiting for an Experienced 4* Accommodation Manager in Leinster.
· Manage the daily activities of the Housekeeping department to include appropriate cleaning of all rooms
· Planning, organizing and directing team members to ensure the highest standards of guest satisfaction.
· Conduct daily walk arounds to include checking of all public areas and bedrooms to ensure we adhere to the level of cleanliness expected in a 4 Star Property.
· Ensure workaround’s and checks are completed by Supervisory Staff in your absence.
· Ensure that cleanliness and condition of each area meets designated standards. All VIP rooms are to be checked by the Accommodation Manager and all other rooms are to be checked by either the department manager or supervisors.
· Training of all new housekeeping staff members to the required standard.
· Management and coaching of all employees to ensure they are meeting the standards required by the department and hotel.
· Uphold the highest standards of cleanliness, health & safety, and conduct.
· Ensure that sufficient staffing is present to meet the daily business demands.
· Communicate anticipated business demands daily with each employee.
· Ensure staff’s knowledge of hotel services, features, and amenities.
· Monitor and ensure that the Housekeeping staff performs their duties to the hotel’s expected level of service.
· Assist the Housekeeping Staff whenever necessary in performing all duties.
· Accommodate all guest requests in an efficient manner.
· Ensure that all pertinent information is documented in the logbook daily.
· Report all maintenance issues promptly to the maintenance department and follow up to ensure they are rectified to the appropriate standard.
· Check vacant rooms, verify status and update status of discrepant rooms throughout the shift.
· Liaise and develop excellent relationships with all relevant departments to ensure the efficient running of your department i.e. Duty Managers, Reception, Maintenance, Sales etc.
· Adhere to all hotel and company policies and procedures.
· Purchase, re-order and maintain housekeeping supplies and inventory.
· Maintain the housekeeping budget, weekly stock take.
· Assist with operational duties as required
· Excellent high standards of cleaning and shall be flexible with regards to working hours.
· Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality in relation to all aspects of business.
· Working knowledge of room management systems.
· Ability to maintain a budget.
· Ability to prioritise and organise work assignments; delegate and check work.
· Ability to ascertain departmental training needs and provide such training.
· Ability to remain calm and courteous with demanding/difficult guests and/or situations.
· Ability to work well under pressure coordinating numerous requests at any given time.
· Ability to work cohesively with Housekeeping staff and other departments and co-workers as part of a team.
· Ability to maintain hotel’s standards, policies and procedures with employees.
· Ability to direct performance of your employees and follow up with corrections where needed.
If you would like any further information on the role please contact Adam in strict confidence on 01 404 7620